Edison School

 

This two story brick school was designed by Eugene architect Theodore Gerow in 1926. The school is named for Thomas Edison, who wrote a letter acknowledging the honor bestowed upon him. The original building consisted of merely eight classrooms, an office and an open play space with a covered roof between the two classroom wings.

IMG_3972
18592259

 

IMG_6496IMG_6498IMG_6499

Woodson1

Mrs. Woodson’s 5th Grade Class 1957-58

pickup

Edison Elementary 2014

071912coverstory1_0 edison-300x225 badgelogo